Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's Hammer Time

I don't even know what that means but I'm using it to mean time to research at my leisure.

I am taking the summer off once again to do some in depth research into my family. The goal is to go to Tennessee with my cousin Barbara. So I am watching the news with some trepidation. It is horrifying to watch the slow flooding of the area where my ancestors lived and some relatives still live. I am praying for them.

In the meantime, I will continue my armchair research. It's cheaper. I wanted to go to D.C. and look at the records at the archives but it was too pricey for just a couple of days. Instead I will send off for the civil war pension records of a John Alexander and a Sylvester Ames and hope they are my relatives. And I will also travel to Ft. Wayne and look at their records.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Enjoy the research trips, love, love, love, Ft. Wayne!

Mavis said...

I've got some civil war records I need to send away for too. Thanks for the reminder. Hope you get a good lead from the records.

Sorry to hear about the flooding in TN. Saw it on the news and just can imagine.