Sunday, November 15, 2009
My first award! Thank you, Mavis
Well, this is a very nice surprise. Most of the time I feel like I'm having a conversation with myself when I blog. Mavis, who blogs Conversation with My Ancestors and Georgia Black Crackers, has presented me with my very first Kreative Blogger award. I am honored.
According to the rules in accepting this award, I must now tell seven things about myself before passing it on to seven bloggers. Although I love writing about my family, I rarely write about myself but here goes.
1. I am the oldest of four girls. Actually, I am the oldest child of my mother who is the oldest child of her mother who was the oldest child in her family. My grandmother started that link and I continued by having my daughter Arianne first.
2. I was born, raised and live in Gary, Indiana. In fact, I live within walking distance to Michael Jackson's home since his home is in the shadows of my alma mater, Roosevelt High School.
3. Although I was the oldest in the family ( and the oldest grandchild in my mother's family), I was the last of my sisters to get married.
4.One of my fondest memories is of my father walking me to the library to get my first library card. I had to be five years old. My father and his father were also bookworms.
5. I am an anglophile and addicted to British TV. I watch Eastenders on the computer every week among other shows.
6. I wrote my first play at 9. I'm still waiting to be discovered.
7. Even though some may say that at my age I'm over the hill, I believe I'm still standing at the top. One of my heart's desire is to fall in love again.
I pass this award on to
Low Country Africana
Amanda's A Tale of Two Ancestors
Claudia's genealogy blog
and Bill West West in New England