Monday, July 20, 2009

Baclk in Indiana

I am back from short trip to Mississippi wiser but not much more informed. I learned that I need to go to the courts because the records that I need are not in the archives. I learned that it is going to take a lot of patience unearthing the data. I'm an information archaeologist. Discovery doesn't happen over night.

It is frustrating and disappointing but I am more determined than ever to find my ancestors. Whenever I google my great grandfather's name, the search only turns up my references. That doesn't help me but just think, it does turn up.

3 comments:

Renate Yarborough Sanders said...

Hey Jennifer,
Hang in there. The courthouse visits can be really fun (lol). I'm heading back to NC either tomorrow or Wednesday to revisit the courthouse basement in my family's county of origin. It's been about 3 years since I've been down there, and now that I'm wiser, I need to revisit the space and look at some of the documents again. This is very hard on me because I am ALLERGIC to dust and to mold, but as we all know, it's well worth it if I hit "pay dirt".

:) Renate

Jennifer said...

I'm allergic too. But a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do. Good luck on your trip to NC and take your Benadryl.

Anonymous said...

HELLO JENNIFER,
So glad to here you were able to make the trip to Miss. The INFO we gave you about my husband's school, where you able to find anything? Welcome home Captain!!!
Richard & Patricia